My new favorite pun
I’ve been slacking on the Gramsci, but i finally made it to notebook 7 (though skipped all of v2, for now)
Help Me Attend Freire Institute Formation Program
- Details about the program are here http://www.freire.org/courses/paulo-freire-formation-programme
- Freire’s work has changed my life and I really want to do this in-depth learning and help bring his ideas about transformation to our social change movements
Thank you for helping me fulfill this dream!
I need to raise $151, $52 of that by the end of today
This is what I need to start the program on September 15:
- I need to raise $52 by the end of the day today August 31 (London time)
- I need to raise $151 for the sixth month program which includes six modules of ten lessons each.
- If I raise more than $151, I will put it into a fund for bringing Freire workshops to interested communities.
I want to share this work with you:
- I will collect materials and take notes that I can share.
- After I complete the program I will share what I’ve learned through workshops and events
- I’ll be blogging about the program as I take it, to help create space for conversation about these ideas.
- This is a situation where donating under $5 dollars would be an enormous help
The program is flexible and accessible
People value your transparency. Be open and stand out by providing insight into the risks and obstacles you may face on the way to achieving your goal.
- The intensive Foundation Program is designed to be done in sixth month, but the deadlines are flexible and it can be done over the course of a year or more
- It is an online program so no travel is involved
Spreading the word helps so much!
If you can’t donate, you can still help
- Sharing this through email, and social media will help so much!
- Use the Indiegogo share tools to help!
- Check out http://www.freire.org/ and share the link to help spread the word about the work of The Freire Institute
Thank you for taking this journey with me!
- “My brother, you are free behind these gates.
My brother, you are free within these chains.
For if upon God you do rely,
The conspiracies of humans can bring no pain.
My brother, the armies of darkness will be vanquished,
And a new dawn will shine in the universe.
Photo Source: Jamal Williams
On Thursday August 14th, 2014, Feminsta Jones called for a National Moment of Silence (NMOS) to pay ‘respect to fatal victims of police shootings and brutality’. New Orleans, a (for now…) majority black city with a long history of police violence…
Important article: ”Look, I understand wanting to show up and support, but white people need to understand that this symbolic act of raising your hands in a position of surrender is meant to illustrate how black people are violently targeted by police because of their race. If you don’t experience that, you should not mimic the gesture in an attempt at “solidarity”. It is centering yourself in a narrative that you cannot tell because of the protection your white privilege gives you. It shows a lack of understanding about the nature of systemic state sanctioned violence against black bodies. ”